Author Topic: NEW ISR or SLEDS?  (Read 4175 times)

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
NEW ISR or SLEDS?
« on: June 14, 2011, 05:41:29 PM »
So let's open up the hornets nest again....

The vast majority of sleds in MN are SLEDS conforming. There are a few that would like to run but don't due to the thought that all sleds are/where created equal and MN track should go ISR like the rest fo the world. So, when does MN buck up and go ISR get our super stock tails kicked for a few years and get in tot he swing of things globally? Or should we stick to our tradional SLEDS rule and not play with the big boys?

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
Re: NEW ISR or SLEDS?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 08:29:20 PM »
The people that write these rules can even spell!!!!!

It only makes sense to put EVERYONE on the same page. The old little pond racing bs is over in vintage snowmobiles.

Everyone has fun at Eagle River and even MORE fun at Beausejuor!!!!!!!!

Tear Tear Boo Hoo Wahh Wahh  :'( you have to spend $11.00 on a rule book.
You spill more than that on any race weekend.
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline brian126

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 09:01:10 PM »
I don't race so I have no opinion on what set of rules is better than the other. I do agree with Lynxer in that $11.00 is a pretty reasonable price to get a copy of the rules. If you read and understand the rules, you'll know what's expected during inspection on race day.
I'm not shy. I'm just holding back my awesomeness so I don't intimidate you.

Offline curt_52x

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »
 I raced a "cold stocker" 440 Srx last year and only raced against one other true 440 superstock.  My srx is stock with around 85 hp.  All of the 340s were not to far off the pace. A stock 340 Srx is 65 hp.  Anyway, we are fixing up that p.o.s. GPX 338 of ours to turns some laps instead of a Srx 340.  They can do whatever set of rules they want, it doesnt matter to us.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »
I raced a "cold stocker" 440 Srx last year and only raced against one other true 440 superstock.  My srx is stock with around 85 hp.  All of the 340s were not to far off the pace. A stock 340 Srx is 65 hp.  Anyway, we are fixing up that p.o.s. GPX 338 of ours to turns some laps instead of a Srx 340.  They can do whatever set of rules they want, it doesnt matter to us.
h.a.p. h.a.p. h.a.p. h.a.p. h.a.p. h.a.p. h.a.p. h.a.p. h.a.p. h.a.p. h.a.p. h.a.p. h.a.p.
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 01:04:34 PM »
It would seem to me that NASCAR, Formula 1, WISSOTA, IMCA, NHRA, IHRA or any other numerous sanctioning bodies that are successful on the fan and racer side of life have something right.

Offline curt_52x

• Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »
It would seem to me that NASCAR, Formula 1, WISSOTA, IMCA, NHRA, IHRA or any other numerous sanctioning bodies that are successful on the fan and racer side of life have something right.

They race in the summer when it is nice out. Plus they drink a lot of beer.  d.r.i.n.k.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 03:01:11 PM »

Plus they drink a lot of beer.  d.r.i.n.k.
Like we don't ?

Offline curt_52x

• Trailblazer
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 10:14:59 AM »
We drink apple pie and thunder jets.   pu...nish

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
We drink apple pie and thunder jets.   pu...nish
and piss ski roules, sno pros on pappy's I mean chappy's