Author Topic: NEW ISR or SLEDS?  (Read 4176 times)

Offline HICKSON HAULER

• Bushwacker
Re: NEW ISR or SLEDS?
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 12:33:51 PM »
Maybe Lynxer will get together with me and we can discuss rules and spelling. I don't like it when people pick on my friends. My friend is just to nice to respond to you.
Greg  #24 Hauler

Offline Curly

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 01:14:59 PM »
Spelling or Typing........... L*L

Offline 616

• Garage Guru
  • Race season never ends
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 10:42:45 PM »
Lynxer is probably right about the pond racing being about done...but that's where the fun was, how much fun was wolf lake? That place was the best.
Places like Wolf Lake were the training grounds for the big shows. Maybe someone will pick up where Mr. Tillman left off?
The big shows are the bomb...... but they are very serious when it comes to racing time, too much for some.
Everyone needs experience before hitting the big tracks, Scott Tillman gave us all a shot at getting some.
I love you Scott

Grapevine says that a certain formula 340 racer may start a pond race program again.
word

Offline brian126

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »
Everyone needs experience before hitting the big tracks
@gr$$
I'm not shy. I'm just holding back my awesomeness so I don't intimidate you.

Offline skidooraser

• Rookie
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 03:47:28 PM »
If I was a farmer like Armand or contractor like Lausten and had the winters off ;D, I might still be doing it?! It may have been Pond Racing at Wolf Lake but, it appealed to plenty of drivers...each year the number of entries grew. And, not everyone can compete with the top teams at many of the big shows, like 616 suggested. An Ďalso raní at a big show may be more competetive at a smaller venue. Donít pooh pooh Pond Racing, it can work, and work well. I know you guys didnít come to see me!

I do believe there is still a demand for Pond Racing in central MN that includes:
Smooth, wide track.
Spacious well groomed pits.
Reasonable entry fees.
Same place, time, and MO each week.
Low key, have fun attitude.
Heats and finals.
What else?

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 10:01:46 PM »
I have no issue with "pond racing. If Wolf Lake or it's likeness crops up, I'm sure I will be there. With that said, there isn't another "pond" race so we have to rely on tracks and promoters. With that said the question I posed is/was:  Are the current SLEDS & ORA vintage rules the best choice to better the sport compared to that of the current ISR rules?

Never was this intended to be an insurance question or a slam on Armand, Darrell, Scott, Wolf Lake or any of the many great people have meet through that amazing track.