Author Topic: So is it true?  (Read 4658 times)

Offline curt_52x

• Trailblazer
So is it true?
« on: September 21, 2011, 04:32:18 PM »
I have heard some rumors about brrp.  Are they just rumors or no brrp?   ???

Offline nitro 2

• Bushwacker
Re: So is it true?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 07:40:59 PM »
i have herd nothing lynxer do you know anything

Online Rupp luver

• OLD & SLOW!!
  • Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 09:33:45 PM »
I talked to lynxer yesterday at DL;thought he said it is done,finished! bakout
"I build FUN sleds,NOT show sleds"!!
Wahpeton,ND home of:
1970 Rupp Magnum 440WT[Sachs 440]
1972 Rupp/Polaris project,working on it now.

Offline brian126

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:06:50 PM »
^^^
I thought I heard him say that they are taking a year off due to a construction project taking place at the facility.
I'm not shy. I'm just holding back my awesomeness so I don't intimidate you.

Offline AverageJoe

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »
Looks like Snocross only, dates are posted on the website.
Just saw this on the ISOC page so it must be a go;

ISOC -FARGO NATIONAL INFORMATION
March 2-4, 2012
LOCATION AND DIRECTIONS
Buffalo River Race Park
14445 East Highway 10
Glyndon, MN  56547

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 02:36:51 PM »
I can't speak for the track in whole, but I will tell you there is no ice oval racing in Glyndon this year.

It is NOT because they don't like oval racing, can't make ice, or can't find sleds to race.

This year BRRP made a deal with ISOC and it is a very big show that they will be putting on.

To do this they are building a HUGE indoor seating area that will hold 700-800 spectators inside!

With all of this going on and the demands of ISOC, the demand of ISOC's track regulations there will not be room on the track in front of the grand stand to have an ice oval.

until next year...

One complaint was that the track was to small for sleds. Well boys not next year...

BRRP will bring back ice oval racing, but they learned fast and quick that they needed to take things super serious and have their complete head in the game before they try it.

Not they didn't before, but for this season they are concentrating on building the new grand stand and the National ISOC race.

December 2012 full champ weekend race at BRRP $10,000 to win

P!!mp P!!mp P!!mp P3n

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline brian126

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 11:40:29 PM »
I knew it had something to do with a construction project but I couldn't remember all the details.

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 08:52:10 PM »
Sorry been away for a bit with work obligations...

Officially speaking BRRP is NOT out of the ice oval game. BRRP will be hosting numerouse Mini 120 and Kitty Kat shows as well as a ISOC regional and National (televised) events. As far as oval on the high bank...while no race organization/track will ever appeal or please everyone we got a little negative word of mouth. To those that supported the past oval races, THANK YOU, to those that thought we had room to improve, we where listening and have looked at using the ISOC site requirements as a stepping stone that will spill over to the ice ovals. Kevin Nathe (BRRP owner) and I have spoken to a number of founding ice oval racers/team owners for advice on the site and show. Thank you to those that lent their time and experience.

Here's the bottom line...BRRP will be hosting 6 shows that will include Mini 120 oval and SnoX, Kitty Kat ovals, NonCurrent SnoX, VINTAGE SnoX and ISOC. Construstion has started that includes the addition of two VIP suites (6 total), indoor seating for approx 800 (Heated & AC), 2500 additional grandstand seating, 30' x 165' of heated/AC commons area for vending and warming, 8Mps WiFi and double the current lighting on 85' poles. There are more improvements planned but there's a helluva alot going on for this winter.

Come see the ISOC vintage classes, I'm looking forward to seeing the 440cc Liquid Open class.

Offline brian126

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 09:26:38 PM »
Construstion has started that includes the addition of two VIP suites (6 total), indoor seating for approx 800 (Heated & AC), 2500 additional grandstand seating, 30' x 165' of heated/AC commons area for vending and warming, 8Mps WiFi and double the current lighting on 85' poles. There are more improvements planned but there's a helluva alot going on for this winter.

Sounds like a pretty impressive construction project! Please post up some pics as the work progresses.

Offline nitro 2

• Bushwacker
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 10:09:37 PM »
is track going to be open this year  W9n