Author Topic: Braapfest - "the most fun you can have on snow"  (Read 205401 times)

Offline kawiherder

• Hardcore Sledder
Re: Braapfest - "the most fun you can have on snow"
« Reply #1350 on: February 25, 2020, 09:11:09 PM »
I added another trophy  "duct tape" to the list of 1 Lunger racing. "Cat Fight", I had a few cats that wanted to race so the duct tape trophy Shawn got said "2020 Braapfest Cat Fight Champ".  Overall it went well, the ice was great and we had enough racers to make it fun. v1ct v1ct d.r.i.n.k.  The stars both Friday and Saturday were in charge of the sky!! 101010
If it were not for girls in bikini's and gardening there would be no need for summer!

Sawdust is "man glitter"!!

Offline Shawn

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #1351 on: February 25, 2020, 09:25:04 PM »
      First off I'll say thank you Craig ! For making sure the preparations got done in advance to assure good conditions on the ice. For lots of parking space. For the nicest, smoothest oval track and drag strip I've run on at Braapfest. For going on the rides with us. For just being yourself and being there to hang out and socialize with everyone. I heard at least a dozen comments, many from Braapfest regulars over the years say that this was the best year for Braapfest ever. Thanks Craig ! Everyone at the lodge was the same as ever treating us like royalty and I thank them too ! Thanks to Kawi Bob and his brother Jim for presiding over the Wankel and one lunger races. Thanks to Moose Nelson for taking a bunch of people for rides in his air sled. I heard a number of them saying how great it was to enjoy the experience. As always was great to see all the friends I've made over the years, some of whom I only see at Braap. The oval racing was so much fun. After the "organized" races lots of us spent hours just ripping around the track having a blast. Burned up over three gallons of fuel myself, must have done 100 laps during the afternoon. The loud pipes contest was a big hit with the crowd. Lance won it with his 797 Blizzard. There was a nice sized area right in front of the lodge reserved for the vintage/classic sleds only. Turned out to be a nice sized show for the fans to check out. A couple fans got to take a test ride on the sleds after talking to the owners. Good way to grow our sport. We all got a raffle ticket for each sled we put in and prizes were given out if your number was drawn. My numbers weren't picked but I was a winner just being there. I've had an awesome time at every one of the 12 Addicted To Old Sleds/Braapfests I've attended and this year was no exception. Already looking forward to doing it all over again next year !

Offline kawiherder

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #1352 on: January 04, 2021, 08:18:04 PM »
OK kids, it is coming up fast and my question is----who is coming??? 2utp v1ct o...bsene
If it were not for girls in bikini's and gardening there would be no need for summer!

Offline kawiherder

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #1353 on: January 06, 2021, 09:06:40 PM »
Chirp--chirp--chirp. ??hed?

Offline kawiherder

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #1354 on: March 12, 2021, 07:01:47 PM »
Braapfest 2021 was another great time!  The 1 lunger racing was less than last year but we still had fun. 2utp 101010 v1ct