Author Topic: Looking for a Ski Whiz parts sled  (Read 1533 times)

Offline zuknomad

• 'Viceroy de Vintage'
  • Hardcore Sledder
  • ice is nice
Re: Looking for a Ski Whiz parts sled
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 07:19:37 AM »
You're welcome, John. Glad one of the guys had what you needed and jumped in to help.  2utp
'anyone can drive a new sled, it takes some dedication to run crap'

Offline chris r

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 07:16:46 AM »
Well, struck out on all counts for the shafts out at DB's boneyard, he doesn't have any Series I parts out there at all, and we've discovered the Series II shafts are short by 1/2".  R%%

Just for reference, if the shafts between series 1 and 2 are half inch short, but all other details on the shafts are the same, I can make the shaft longer.  blondieb

Had to add blondie there for effect. But for real, if needed I can extend the short shaft. Carry on.
BEER WILL CHANGE THE WORLD!

I don't know how, but it will.

Offline zuknomad

• 'Viceroy de Vintage'
  • Hardcore Sledder
  • ice is nice
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 05:42:01 PM »
Thanks for the offering, Chris! I talked to MF a few days ago and he said he's all set now, the 'good guy' from New England came through and sent him what he needed in the right shafts.

As far as my using the ones from DB's; I can't, they're SportTrack (15") and I'm Widetrack (18"). I'll flip what I found this fall, they're straight and cleaned up well, with good bolt holes.

I was able to send John this one short strap and two d-rings for the project, the long strap he got with the parts from out East...

I will remember that you can add at least small amounts of length to shafts though, it could come in handy.
'anyone can drive a new sled, it takes some dedication to run crap'