Author Topic: Lost Sledder  (Read 236 times)

Offline trev

• Hardcore Sledder
Lost Sledder
« on: September 05, 2018, 03:47:29 PM »
Yesterday we lost a great Vintage Sledder, and a great friend.

http://www.nelson-house.com/obituaries/Ronald-W-Durepo?obId=3259198#/obituaryInfo

He will be missed.

d2 this ones to you buddy.

Online kawiherder

• Hardcore Sledder
Re: Lost Sledder
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 09:00:01 PM »
Never met him but still hate to lose members of the community.  May he rest in peace.
If it were not for girls in bikini's and gardening there would be no need for summer!

Sawdust is "man glitter"!!

Offline 70 MF

• Hardcore Sledder
  • "Here's Johnny"
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 07:49:48 AM »
Ron lived just a couple miles from me.... good guy and vintage sledder, he’ll be missed.
Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security!

Offline chris r

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 07:51:36 AM »
Ron was a very good guy. He helped me out of a jamb one time and I won't forget what he did for me.

Some here might remember one year at the A-1 swap, I was cruising around on a borrowed Yam golf cart that was smoking like a bitch. It quit on me and because I had just got out of the hospital in MN, I was far from prepared for anything other than setting in a chair watching tv. The cart was a 2-stroke and all of the stop go cruising was more than it could take. Ron came upon me and asked if I needed a hand, then towed me back to my trailer and helped me get the cart loaded. This was the same year that CP and his crew came to MI and I was able to meet some of the group that were regular posters here at that time.
BEER WILL CHANGE THE WORLD!

I don't know how, but it will.