Author Topic: LEARN-SHARE-RIDE Thanks to;  (Read 41864 times)

Offline zuknomad

• 'Viceroy de Vintage'
  • Hardcore Sledder
  • ice is nice
Re: LEARN-SHARE-RIDE Thanks to;
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2015, 09:35:28 AM »
A huge thanks to a great group of people who made my trip to the U.P. a reality. Starting with the Christmas gift from a customer of an airline ticket to the mainland, then to BigNoze Frank for providing the ride to and from the U.P. (along with his great company!), to FLATLANDER, Kim and Ian for loading up pgn's '72 SM10 Suzuki Nomad and bringing it on their trailer for me to ride, and for their company, to Paul for loaning the Suzuki to me, and to Zwack, Tom and No Pain Jane for all of the laughs.

This hobby would not be the same for me without friends like these!!  2utp

'anyone can drive a new sled, it takes some dedication to run crap'

Offline pappa-g

• Noobie
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2015, 04:52:33 PM »
Generally on forums I do more reading than posting but I wanted to take a minute and thank Dave Ghetto. Dave has an ad posted in the classifieds for Vintage OMC Snow Cruiser, Johnson and Evinrude Parts Dealership stuff and the like. I had been unable to find a  tail light lens for my 1973 Skee Horse so I sent Dave an email. Not only did he have one, It was NOS still in the box and the price was very good. He shipped it fast and it fit perfectly.
 So if you are needing Vintage sled stuff try giving him a call. He has a ton of stuff.

OMC Johnson Evinrude Dealer Inventory davesomc@gmail.com or mkt.com/davesomc

Offline 70 MF

• Hardcore Sledder
  • "Here's Johnny"
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2015, 05:11:18 PM »
^^^^^
You are one of the few lucky ones that actually got their stuff in a timely fashion, or even at all. Have read a lot of horror stories about Dave, many from members of this site.....Most likely it was a part he had in stock and didn't have to source somewhere else...Thanks, but no thanks.
Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security!

Offline 2rupps

• Noobie
« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2016, 03:36:05 PM »
I would have to thank my Grandpa who owned the local Rupp dealership in the early 70's and sold both these sleds brand new. He's a huge inspiration on my life and he's also the one that got me interested in vintages snowmobiles. With his help I tracked down both these survivors from their original owners in this shape (took a lot of cleaning to make them look this good but definitely worth it! http://www.vintagesledders.com/forums/Smileys/default/eclipsee_gold_cup.gif)!! I'm a Rupp guy through and through that's for sure (I do have a 1970 Olympique though http://www.vintagesledders.com/forums/Smileys/default/backingout.gif)

Offline zuknomad

• 'Viceroy de Vintage'
  • Hardcore Sledder
  • ice is nice
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2016, 04:13:43 PM »
Nice rupps, 2rupps and welcome to the site! Great that your Grandpa is still such an inspiration in your life, too.

I've got two thank-you's to say. The first is to the vintage sledders at Bogey Bash and especially to my host BigNoze Frank for his great hospitality in allowing me to crash at his place during my stay at Long Lake in Harrison, and for his continued friendship. The second is to Cliff Oldsledz for giving me the NOS Suzuki recoil pull handle and rope he found in a parts lot. It is unusual in that it has a grey, instead of the white rope I usually see, and that rope is thicker than the white nylon, as well. Very cool, and will be put to good use.

'anyone can drive a new sled, it takes some dedication to run crap'