Author Topic: 75 Alouette 440 superbrute  (Read 4955 times)

Offline superjuice

• Bushwacker
75 Alouette 440 superbrute
« on: January 22, 2010, 11:53:25 AM »
I picked one of these up recently, in very good condition, except for the failed attempt to repaint the hood. So I  am looking for info on the factory colors. Anybody know what it might be?

I'd post pics, but I haven't been able to figure out how yet :(

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
Re: 75 Alouette 440 superbrute
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 12:07:25 PM »
To post pics you must first go to photobucket.com and create a free account. You then simply upload the pictures to photobucket. After they are uploaded you click the picture and 4 "codes" will show up. Copy the one that says "URL for Message forums" and paste it into your post! It sounds tougher than it is. if you need more help just ask!

Excited to see this thing!
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 07:38:11 AM »
You are so close! select the third link from the top next time and you will have it! We can stilll look at them now, but the other link will make them pop up on the site! Good job! cool sled!
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline jerre310

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »
I think that they are one of the top 5 Best Looking Sleds of all times.  Ahead of their time!

Offline superjuice

• Bushwacker
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 09:44:16 AM »
Well, I haven't posted anything to this for awhile, so heres a bit of an update.
Sanded that crappy paint off the hood and did sum repairs to it. Still have a ways to go. And I just spent the last 4 days doing a slight refresh to the skis, and got rid of those stance wideners that were on it.

I got a bent spindle, I'll have to see if I can have straightened. A feller I work with at one of my jobs is a wizz with a torch and a welder.Pretty sure he can straighten it.. I hope.. lol

And I am just thinkin to myself today, after lookin at sum pics, I outa get that hood into primer maybe.. won't look so bad..lol..

As you can see in some of the pics, the hood was worn down along the bottom edge, and was rubbing on the spark plugs, causeing holes in the hood, so a buddy and me rebuilt it up a bit to prevent that problem.Still needs a bit of work though yet.

Offline superjuice

• Bushwacker
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 04:26:27 PM »
a few hrs in the garage, sum primer, and don't look so bad no more... blondieb

Offline hotdoo

• Hardcore Sledder
  • The older the odder the better!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 03:02:49 PM »

Superjuice,just looking at pics of Super Brute,what year is that? Mine doesn't have the same skid under it,my rear wheels are on the outside, I do have the low snow wheels but rear axle set-up is differently different.hotdoo

Offline SPICOLI

• Hardcore Sledder
  • That was my skull! I'm so wasted!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 09:11:02 PM »
cool sled.   does it run with the carb at that angle?
People on 'ludes should not drive

Offline hotdoo

• Hardcore Sledder
  • The older the odder the better!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 09:20:23 AM »
SPICOLI, I have a '74 Super Brute 295, when I bought it there was two things that looked weird. 1-Was the angle of the mikiuni carb with  FLOAT BOWL and the other was the hacked off exhaust system. I thought both were somebody's crude work,no turns out that's the way they came from factory. I've rebuilt my motor and it still doen't run right yet, I often wonder if the carb has something to do with it!hotdoo