Author Topic: wildcats  (Read 18043 times)

Offline GreenBlood800

• Hardcore Sledder
  • You're in Viking Country!
Re: wildcats
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 06:11:43 PM »
hey greenblood sea foam creep FINALLY CAME IN AT THE HARDWARE ,sprayed it on the track,had the sled in garage for a week,nice and dry,while running track kept spraying, road all three that night, moved them in the morning,i noticed that the tracks in snow left a rusty spot where every pin was at on fastrack,i,ll spray some more on ,and  ride some more thanks

good to hear, hopefully it works for you!  seems to work pretty good on both of my sleds with the fastrac setup.  Hopefully they make it through the winter!  2utp
Will work for beer and Viking snowmobiles!

Offline nerdboycool

• Rookie
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 08:10:01 AM »
well everyone i give up to complicated to post those darn pics on here . If you want to see the darn thing you will have to wait till davids vintage sled .com posts all my pics there is one on there for sled of the week .. thats my wifes when we found it . AS for how far i am -- Painted frame front black and put Fiberglass pan back on after redoing that . new bumper - handelbars and a set of repainted ski-'s and made wear bars out of 7/16th fence posts . redid the hood and dash only tapped off and re mat finished the things and added a patch on front lip of hood where it was busted out .. now working on getting the eng all nice and clean and repainted . hopfully by friday the 1-7-11 it will be bolted back in place .   Now What size belt is being used on Wildcats That works Dayco ?? anyone have a good idea about a gas tank that HAD rust in it for cleaning out ..?? I basicly cleaned out 15 year old gas and rust and coated inside of tank with car eng oil for mean time ..Other than that should have sled back togeather and running by the end of Jan . if all goes well . Y.T. Bruce S.

Offline wildcat 309

• Bushwacker
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2011, 09:15:13 AM »

i asked the same question about belts on the new sight viking snowmobiles .com( two words with a s on end ,starts out my 72 vanquisher ,may wilcat 309 is running a dayco max 1078 and the 399 a dayco gts 736 both have the same measurment 46", i believe the correct belt is a half inch smaller ,all vikings 71 to 74 ran a gts 764 at 45 1/2 i was told to try a dayco max 1093 it is also 45 1/2  ,good luck kenny

Offline nerdboycool

• Rookie
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 08:14:22 AM »
Thanks very much . I called my local parts goorue and he said a Carlile 1093 is the x referance to the Wildcat and Viking machines . I just finished up the engine cleaning it and painting what not ready to instal hopfully today after i fabricate a belt guard for the thing .. so what happened to original dash dont happen to this one . then i can start putting things back as they were get it set up and possibly fire the thing up . YAAAAAAAY!

Offline GreenBlood800

• Hardcore Sledder
  • You're in Viking Country!
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2011, 05:14:53 PM »
Nerdboy asked me to post these pics for him of his Wildcat...

Before

refinished hood

Hope this works, my imageshack is acting up...
Will work for beer and Viking snowmobiles!

Offline nerdboycool

• Rookie
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2011, 11:34:37 PM »
Hey thanks for posting those picks for me .. Wifes so excited to bad she has to work on saterday she will miss the fire up if i get what needs to be done yet done !!

Offline wildcat 309

• Bushwacker
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2011, 09:23:57 AM »
looking good nerdboy hope she fires up for you, and congrates to greenblood for sledder of the week, nerdboy and i have been in contact ,i know he,s put alot of work in the wild cat and ready to get it out, i like the black strips on the 399 ,mines all silver?

Offline wildcat 309

• Bushwacker
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2011, 09:30:12 AM »

Offline nerdboycool

• Rookie
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2011, 04:45:46 PM »
well all went down the crapper  dead horse. I pored gas on it and lit it that was real cool one less pile out there ..  uK#!**NOOOO just Kidding .. well really had a bad day started working on the Wildcat at 6 am by 4 pm I quit . Need A nap !! Started off real good put tank back on then spent the next 4 Hours Re wiring the Thing OOOOHHH what fun !! hooked power up to electric start Nothing Ohh Ohh .. Changed Sylonoid stold Neighbors lawn mower one .. Still Nothing Hmmmm Key Switch replaced with another one tryed again Worked Thank God !! Put gas in tank and poured alittle down carb X fingers Rooooomm it fired ran till gas got to carb then died still un able to start the thing so i gave up for today .. Im shure Greenblood Will put picks on for me again .. I love how the back flap turned out !!

Offline nerdboycool

• Rookie
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »
Well got thinking old school on it and decided to try a hotter plug in it maybe a 8 or 9 to bad i wasent thinking when i bought the first set of plugs to buy extra .. Wife loves the way it turned out . blondieb  Well maybe tomarow it will start for me so i can adjust the carb -- tweek it .. Then maybe she will be able to go tool around a bit on it .  ###3  As for color of eng . it was rusty big time I repainted it silver then tapped it off ((striped )) then black over that .. should have done stripes in white .. anyways Thanks a bunch everyone for your support ..