Author Topic: 1980 Winter Olympics - John Deere Official Snowmobile?  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Wedde

• Bushwacker
    • Wedde Motorsports LLC
1980 Winter Olympics - John Deere Official Snowmobile?
« on: September 08, 2010, 11:07:40 PM »
So I have read in several places that John Deere was the official snowmobile supplier of the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid, New York. Were there John Deere snowmobiles in use at the Olympics, and if so does anybody have any pictures? I ask because in the near future when I start restoring my 1980 Liquifire, I though it would be neat to restore it with decals and such that may have been used on the official snowmobiles of the Olympics that year, if they were marked at all. Probably just a far-fetched dream, but I thought it might be something different and unique. Any help would be appreciated.

zh:7

Online 70 MF

• Hardcore Sledder
  • "Here's Johnny"
Re: 1980 Winter Olympics - John Deere Official Snowmobile?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 08:53:36 AM »
From what I have read, the '80 Trailfire was the official sled of the Olympics.....Check the JD site,someone probably has the info you are looking for.

www.jdsleds.com/
Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security!

Offline EricR

• Hardcore Sledder
Re: 1980 Winter Olympics - John Deere Official Snowmobile?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 09:06:57 AM »
I have the same jacket as the person on the left is wearing- however it must have shrunk as it just won't fit me anymore..... uK#!**
I own the most snowmobiles of anyone I know in Georgia.