Author Topic: 2010-2011 BRRP Season Complete  (Read 1909 times)

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
2010-2011 BRRP Season Complete
« on: March 02, 2011, 05:05:21 PM »
The Ice Oval season at BRRP is officially completed.

We had our share of obstacles but eventually we were able to build a track that saw speeds just short of 75mph! Keep in mind that is on a 1/4 mile track. It would have been great to get more shows in but we had a lot to learn and with some bad weather and just couldn't get it done. We were really hoping to for more shows but the racing was really pretty good. The high banks afforded multiple race lines for those that dared to run them. Some highlights:

* I think the first multiple class Grudge match. The F500's were fast but no match for Matt Szalai's MXZed 583. He consistently put a whoppin on them.
* The Canadians...we would've had a far lesser show without them. Thanks to Jason, Brian, Matt as well as their crews!
* Watching Nathan Westlund conducting a "How to run the high line" to yet another win.
* Bob Bachmans Chap. Bob raced BRRP back in '73 I believe.
* Stud Boy's help in sponsorship of our last race. Thank you to Danielle at Stud Boy for your help in getting that support.
* John Fridgen's FIRST final win since '75. That MotoSki is great to watch.
* Graced with past champions Jordan Johnson and Jeff Karrow. We very much appreciated your attendance.
* Hooters girls Brianna and Kelsey..'nough said.

Drum roll please...Matt Szalai will be awarded the BRRP Hooters Cup for Season High Point. I will post when we will be drinking out of it at Hooter in Fargo.

I'm sure I've missed a few moments, names and titles but it was a great time had by all, we hope.

A monumental THANK YOU to everyone that came to BRRP this past season. I personally enjoyed seeing each racer at our facility.

Randy Olson
701-367-1163

Offline rfn99x

• Bushwacker
Re: 2010-2011 BRRP Season Complete
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:09:34 PM »
Randy-
First-a big thank you goes out to you for taking your passion and keeping the "grassroots" of vintage alive and well.
Yes, there was a few bumps in the road, but it will come along.
I would like to say when Justin, Mark, and myself came out to play--we enjoyed the format (mother nature was not so good to the track). We had fun--laid back, no pressure and just having some fun.  All was well.  I we (Rfn) didn't run on a weekly basis, but it was a great diversion to play.  Keep up the good work.
Meeting the Canadians was a hoot...they even signed the wall in the trailer  yeehaw.  Watching Fridgen win, he was stooked- good for him.
I also enjoyed watching the 120's and was happy to give Ross a trophy...you got a keeper there.
Be well til next year.
Regards-
Jeff Karrow 99x
Expect to Win

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
Re: 2010-2011 BRRP Season Complete
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »
Your welcome and Thank you for the encouragement Jeff, Mark and Justin.

See you at Glenwood.