Author Topic: BUFFALO RIVER RACE PARK! BANKED OVAL RACING IN MINNESOTA!  (Read 11854 times)

Offline panther69

• Rookie
Re: BUFFALO RIVER RACE PARK! BANKED OVAL RACING IN MINNESOTA!
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »
sweet

Offline nitro 2

• Bushwacker
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 11:27:25 PM »
guess you for got to show or even name the leader of the pack 75 rupp f/a.

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2010, 11:10:58 AM »
Rupps are cool. So cool there will be one in our parade...I think it's a 75 Nitro F/A, past WL champion even.

Offline kelly andersen

• Trailblazer
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2010, 10:51:33 AM »
Looks like a nice facility,to bad its so far away.Most of the guys I've talked to said they wont be attending any races there due to it being so far away, your atlking a 500 mile round trip for the guys closer to the cities. I hope it works out for you guys.

Offline brian126

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2010, 11:12:17 AM »
^^^
Being "too far away" depends on where you are coming from. I think there is a good opportunity for the races to be very successful. There is a good bunch of people to draw from that are in Minnesota and the Dakotas that like to race. This is just the sort of thing that the area needs!
I'm not shy. I'm just holding back my awesomeness so I don't intimidate you.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2010, 11:42:06 AM »
Looks like a nice facility,to bad its so far away.Most of the guys I've talked to said they wont be attending any races there due to it being so far away, your atlking a 500 mile round trip for the guys closer to the cities. I hope it works out for you guys.
How far is Strathcona? We have been making the 500 mile round trips... Maybe its someone elses turn?
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline Yamakid

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2010, 05:18:37 PM »
Might have to make a trip up there this coming year, gotta cheer lynxer on with a good hangover
My yamaha is like a sore weiner you just can't beat it !!!

Offline 1966 Panther

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2010, 07:19:19 PM »
Strathcona is less than a half hour ride north of Thief River Falls.  Come on up.

Dick

Offline kelly andersen

• Trailblazer
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2010, 08:35:08 PM »
I wasnt knocking the race or facility, I am just mentioning what some of the racers I have talked to have said, it's a long way for the guys in the city to hike up their and I know what they mean since I've had 16 loads up there the last 2 weeks. A sunday race that far away is hard to justify on a sunday. Like I said I hope it works for you guys.

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2010, 09:35:12 PM »
I hear you Kelly. I live in Glyndon and the TC's are a long pull down and back in a day. We do have a nice hotel in Moorhead interested in offering racer discounts. I'll know more on that topic after I have a race bill to a presentation.

If all goes well the ORA directors are goin gto make a trip up this summer to take in the location for a possible event. The local businesses seem to like the concept I have to close the deal soon so we can start marketing and advertising.