Author Topic: BUFFALO RIVER RACE PARK! BANKED OVAL RACING IN MINNESOTA!  (Read 11856 times)

Offline cruelpaul

• Hardcore Sledder
  • We got six.... Do you?
Re: BUFFALO RIVER RACE PARK! BANKED OVAL RACING IN MINNESOTA!
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2010, 07:08:30 AM »
Thanks Brian...

But it clearly sez "professional"

I'm only an amateur.  ;D
people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind...

Offline brian126

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2010, 07:39:16 AM »
^^^^
Everyone has to start out somewhere.
I'm not shy. I'm just holding back my awesomeness so I don't intimidate you.

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2010, 08:17:02 AM »
Hey CP,

Your name was mentioned, give me a call when/if you get a minute.

Thanks

Offline jrhd340f

• Trailblazer
  • all around jerk
    • T&G Racing
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2010, 02:45:03 PM »
Who cares if it's 240 miles from Minneapolis. I really think there are enough people around the Moorhead area or within a nice driving distance to make this thing work. Not everything that happens in Minnesota has to revolve around the twin cities.
People paying 3+dollars a gallon for gas care, nobody said a damn thing about revolving around the cities.go get your self a looser pair of panties. yeehaw yeehaw yeehaw

The people paying $3 a gallon for gas are going to be the same people paying $10+ a gallon for race gas. A four hour drive to a race is long, but if thats all there is to work with, I guess that is the way it is gonna be. Its hard to have thousands of dollars in a race sled and have it sit all winter because no one is bringing races to your backyard. I made some long drives last winter and I will be making a couple this winter. Mapquest has Garrison at 3 hrs from my house. It has been, it is, and always will be the nature of the beast. I was happy when this track was brought up becuase there was talk of Raceway park in Shakopee, Same situation for us up here with that track...Long drive. BRRP may not get some drivers from south of Alexandria, but they will get alot from up north and grow the sport up here like crazy. With the price of new sleds (and horrendous visual appeal, mechanical complexity, "exceptional" warranty support and a disgusting detour from what snowmobiling should be in my opinion), the vintage world is the in thing, and I would be willing to be that per capita, Fargo-Moorhead has more snowmobilers than the TC metro area. This track will leave some out of the fun due to location, but will hopefully bring some more in as well. Now can't we all abide by that rule of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"..."and if you have to say something mean, say it to a guy on an Arctic Cat.

Thanks!
Tyler

PS: What a great site. The reception of this track is much better on here than it was on the "other" vintage sleds site. Everyone there was a naysayer and trying to P!$$ in my bowl of Wheaties. Its nice to see some positive thinkers here rather than... well I will just leave it at that.
YAMAHA:My #1 choice in pianos.

Offline XCR_NUTS

• Hardcore Sledder
    • Vikingredbarons`s Home Page
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2010, 03:48:04 PM »

. Now can't we all abide by that rule of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"..."and if you have to say something mean, say it to a guy on an Arctic Cat.

Thanks!
Tyler

PS: What a great site. The reception of this track is much better on here than it was on the "other" vintage sleds site. Everyone there was a naysayer and trying to P!$$ in my bowl of Wheaties. Its nice to see some positive thinkers here rather than... well I will just leave it at that.

Hey there, I ride Cat !!!

I agree with you  100%

Nice post, and welcome to the Site !!!

O0

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2010, 05:39:45 PM »
Things are picking up guys! Sponsorship interest has now reached a national level. There's some big names listening to our pitch, and they're not running away. We'll be officially approaching sponsors by month end.

Oh yeah, I'd like a little feedback on the weekly trophy, season end high points money purse and lap count. Your thoughts...

Offline jrhd340f

• Trailblazer
  • all around jerk
    • T&G Racing
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2010, 09:38:17 AM »
Lynxer, I hope you don't mind, but I copied the pictures you took at the track and posted them on the other website's BRRP thread.

Randy, haven't heard from you in almost three days now...are you ok? Any good news yet?
YAMAHA:My #1 choice in pianos.

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2010, 04:47:05 PM »
I was able to sort through the "War & Peace" of pictures over the weekend. I'll be at the printers tomorrow to develop a race poster and get that going.

Offline Yamakid

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2010, 06:36:49 PM »
looks like i'm building my exciter to SLEDS Rules, this track looks like fun, and im West of the Metro so if anybody wants to ride together this winter just let me know
My yamaha is like a sore weiner you just can't beat it !!!

Offline XCR_NUTS

• Hardcore Sledder
    • Vikingredbarons`s Home Page
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2010, 07:45:44 PM »
looks like i'm building my exciter to SLEDS Rules, this track looks like fun, and im West of the Metro so if anybody wants to ride together this winter just let me know

Can I ride with?

I live west of the Metro too !!!

O0