Author Topic: BRRP Oval Racer's Parade (caution sledder babe + race sled overload)  (Read 6709 times)

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
This weekend a group of vintage sledders came together to build and exhibit a float in the Detroit Lakes Water Carnival Parade. There has been a growing ice oval racing organization building right before our eyes. It is the Buffalo River Race Park in Glyndon, MN. With a vision and dream like the Oval Racers Alliance (ORA), the passion of the Wolf Lake Outlaws and the experience of SLEDS Racing, the Buffalo River Race Park Ice Oval Racing Organization has been born.

Featuring races Sundays at noon all through the winter the Buffalo River Race Park is gearing up for a great season. This weekend they told the world they are here to make it happen. By gathering sponsors, volunteers and sledder babes BRRP put together a float that was second to none.

Sponsors included:
Troy Pierce Racing (www.troypierceracing.com)
Wahl Brothers Racing (www.wahlracing.com)
VintageSledders.com
Hooters of Fargo, ND
Moorhead Marine
Bud Light
DL Express Trucking
SLEDS Racing
ORA Racing

The Buffalo River Race Park will be racing vintage and late model snowmobiles according to the SLEDS organization rules and classes. With a banked oval track, heated bar/restrooms, and great racers the show will be top notch.

Much of the organizing and development of oval racing at BRRP is the hard work of Randy Olson (rotaxracer33) we owe him a great thank you for getting all of this together. I would hate to see his phone bill! 

Sledders in attendance were:
RotaxRacer33
Blizzard73x
CRWDOG
Lynxer
Ms. Lynxer
Lynxer Mom
Troy Pierce
Heather Pierce
Peterson Brothers Racing
RnD Racing Hooligans
Pit Punk

We had a great time and the event may be recorded in the history books as one of the best sledder babe photo opportunities ever.

Thank you everyone.

crwdog

RotaxRacer33

Peterson Brothers

Blizzard73x and Family

And they said that us "vintagesledders" guys weren't gentlemen

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
Re: BRRP Oval Racer's Parade (caution sledder babe + race sled overload)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 08:21:55 PM »

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »

Offline 70 MF

• Hardcore Sledder
  • "Here's Johnny"
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 08:52:52 PM »
 bow down Sweet pics Lynxer 2utp Wow, who would have thunk it, No Dak Hooters girls actually do have full sets of teeth and don't weigh 3 bills :o P!!mp.

Support single moms......eat chicken wings ;)
Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security!

Offline crwdog

• Bushwacker
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 11:28:48 PM »
What a fun time!  I'll have to see if any of the seat covers wanna be on my pit crew next season  2utp

Glad to have been a part of the event.  Drank some beer, meet new friends, did some bench racing, talked like I was a fast racer.......   O-Yea, hate to admit it, but I think my Hooters seat cover made my Vmax look better than I do!

If you ride YAMAHA raise your hand....  If not, raise your standards
Parachutes in the Summer....Snowmobiles in the Winter

Offline cruelpaul

• Hardcore Sledder
  • We got six.... Do you?
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 07:19:13 AM »
  Wow, who would have thunk it, No Dak Hooters girls actually do have full sets of teeth and don't weigh 3 bills :o P!!mp.

John, you got ND confused with Iowa... Don't feel bad, ND: cold and some corn,   Iowa, less cold, more corn.   ;D

Holy Snikies Lynxer...
What an awesome display of sleds and pretty ladies. A big THANK YOU to everyone involved in this first class effort. 2utp

cp
people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind...

Offline 70 MF

• Hardcore Sledder
  • "Here's Johnny"
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 05:44:22 PM »
My bad cp. I should have paid more attention in geography class back in high school, you guys are quite a ways north of the 'corn fed belt' aren't you.
Problem was, geography was right after lunch and we could leave the school for lunch, so the rest of the day was "high" school. whistle
Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security!