Author Topic: BRRP Rules  (Read 9368 times)

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
Re: BRRP Rules
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »
Sure I would have a rule dispute, but Greg hasn't told us which rule he has an issue with.

All he has said is he is mad at Eagle River and ISR

We are just trying to make it easier for the 800 enterers at Eagle River last year to race at a new track.
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 10:54:38 AM »
Greg I never said we were going to have 800 entries I just said we wanted to be open to all of those 800 entries by offering the same rules all 800 of them go by.

I have not heard of anyone getting tossed over a gas tank. They will get told to get one for next year and they will spend 20 bucks at a swap meet and have one. If they are racing a snowmobile that has a gas tank that costs so god awfull much I am sure the sled probably costs a lot too so the odds are the guy can afford it. I think the going rate on exciter tanks is 5 bucks or 2 cans of Blatz in Wisconsin. Z tanks dont even cost 100.00 anymore.

You can argue this clutch guard heat thing all you want it is never going to make it anywhere. You need to have a clutch guard that will keep the belt inside and away from you. Call Dave Neuman and ask him how it was at Boonville last year when the ski doo blew a belt. I believe he was pretty frightened of the power the belt had and he planned on building a newer stronger one.

Now you want to argue engine must match chassis? This is vintage racing. You can't invent snowmobiles. If you want to do that go champ racing. The wording changes are to keep a handle on things because it would get even MORE out of hand if you had motors that didnt need to match chassis'

The TX/Starfire thing is because they measure the same! They are very very close to each other in 73 and 76. Yeah there has been some differences cited in the recent, but the claims of 15lbs. difference is next to impossible.

Do you want to keep going Greg?
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 10:38:55 AM »
Ok so now you delete all your posts because you are embarrassed?

Dave's clutch guard was teched by kenny at eagle river and it was fine, but not perfect and they were told that they should add a little here and there and they did. (jaque still owned it) It was good enough, but not perfect.

Why did it take ISR years to tech your sled? Because you never brought it to the race!!!! Do you expect them to make a house call to come tech it??? Come on....

Greg this is starting to go to far. We are friends and you are starting to push things a little to far...

Offline XCR_NUTS

• Hardcore Sledder
    • Vikingredbarons`s Home Page
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »
Now as far as Eagle River goes it's just sad how one person can dictate another good builder or not allowing another "Brand" of sled to race their track "Home built" according to Steve Decker will not run on my track.

Doesn`t Steve own the Track?

O0

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 09:36:15 PM »
Now as far as Eagle River goes it's just sad how one person can dictate another good builder or not allowing another "Brand" of sled to race their track "Home built" according to Steve Decker will not run on my track.

Doesn`t Steve own the Track?

O0
it is a family business

Offline challenger

• Rookie
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 09:43:48 AM »
whats with the gay stock tank and seat rule in super stock!
super stock is not STOCK!
people come to the race to see race sleds, not a bunch of stockers.
there are a ton of these sleds already made and waiting for ice.
stick with the sleds,ora and wolf lake rules that are already in place and have worked just fine for years.
this is not Wisconsin!
 L*m L*m L*m

Offline XCR_NUTS

• Hardcore Sledder
    • Vikingredbarons`s Home Page
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 11:10:16 AM »
stick with the sleds,ora and wolf lake rules that are already in place and have worked just fine for years.
this is not Wisconsin!
 L*m L*m L*m

Welcome aboard Challenger !!!

Nice first post !!

O0

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »
this is not Wisconsin!
 L*m L*m L*m

Stock Contour of the seat isnt bad and odds are you can pick up a tank from many online here for a little of nothing!!!! it isn't that big of a difference! The idea is to have a vintage race so when you watch them race they look vintage!

Welcome Challenger! You sound like a good time already!

Offline curt_52x

• Trailblazer
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
Actually that is one rule that will affect a lot of people.  It won't affect us, (so i don't care  ;D ) but will make a lot people stay away from making the drive up/down to fargo with there SS.  Just my 2 cents.

Challenger, you going to haydays?   d.r.i.n.k.

Offline challenger

• Rookie
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 12:47:02 PM »
i already have a good stock tank but i dont need it because i have no plans to put it back on.

curt,
sent you a PM