Author Topic: BRRP Rules  (Read 9369 times)

Offline skidooraser

• Rookie
Re: BRRP Rules
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 03:14:23 PM »
I really thought Armand and I had near perfect rules after working on them for so many years and hours so, I'm surprised you guys would want to change anything... The past couple years it was just tweeking a word here or there and everyone (almost) was happy and accepted them.

I figured you guys would copy and paste current MN rules. Perhaps things are different now and changes are needed...

Offline HICKSON HAULER

• Bushwacker
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 09:24:18 PM »
I think there has been to much interjecting what some new racers and speculators on what rules we should run at BRRP. We should step back and realize that this is the first year out here racing and run what the racers around here have and race. The SLEDS and Wolf Lake rules work and are fair to the area racers and they fit into the Ora rules. I don't know how they fit into ER, but if you go there, you build your sled for there. I hope to go there someday before I am to old to race and I have a job where it doesn't pay to well to go and race for a week. Let's take it slow and try and keep our base group of racers and not chase them away and build from there.  If you want to make your own special class of racers, get it cleared and ok'd by the track and association and run it. Just don't screw it up the rest of us who have been out there for 10 to 20 years. keep it simple, safe, cheap and fun.
Greg  Hauler #24

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 10:03:07 PM »
How do you guys feel about the "hot stocker" super stock rules? The reason we made the idea of going with ISR rules is there are not that many differences except for the super stock stuff. BRRP will do what the majority of the racers want. No one was speaking up until we said ISR. So lets hash it out.
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline skidooraser

• Rookie
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 10:28:31 PM »
How do you guys feel about the "hot stocker" super stock rules? The reason we made the idea of going with ISR rules is there are not that many differences except for the super stock stuff. BRRP will do what the majority of the racers want. No one was speaking up until we said ISR. So lets hash it out.

Super Stock=Bread & Butter  I think you should open your arms wide for everyone that parked a legal sled last March, you're going to need them.

Offline marathonman

• Rookie
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 10:38:10 PM »
 Scott said it best. Your track is located around the Wolf Lake and ORA racers. If you want more racers why would you close the doors on the ones that were legal with the local rules last year. To make money you will need all the racers you can get!!!! I am not up on the ISR rules but I think if they are legal there they probably are legal here with Sleds/ORA/Wolf Lake rules.
  pc..n

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 12:28:30 AM »
Hi Guys,

BRRP's OFFICIAL opinion is we are going to race under the EXISTING SLEDS rules. Some fairly specific questions have been asked and BRRP wants to address all questions in effort to explain from a well research point of view.

SLEDS and ORA do work together for uniformity and the MN based rules do have classes at Eagle. BUT the MN Supers AREN'T the Eagle Supers. The ISR rules clearly state "OEM for the model and year" while MN rules state "ANY". So careful MN teams, you'll end up in a mod class or a hand slap from Kenny.

BRRP wants high caliber racing for the fans, fun atmosphere for the racers and a training ground for more racers. BRRP WILL NOT BE TURNING SLEDS AWAY! Our goal is to be a bridge between "Just for fun racing" and Eagle River.

See you at Haydays!

Let race!

BRRP - Randy Olson
701-367-1163

Offline sprocket

• Garage Guru
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 08:18:39 AM »
why use ISR rules ? the wording leaves out guys that have different brands of sleds to race  including a list of them are ready to go. If you go back to what ISR had for superstock was to what it is now it's another mod class with a stock exhaust can, now their trying to tighten the belt, if you read this yrs rules they are allowing MSD ignitions in superstock well that's crap, if ISR wants to keep the sled stock looking then they should really work first on the other areas that most count.
Kick ISR rules towards the curb
"Just think you can tell all your friends....you beat my Johnson!"

Offline curt_52x

• Trailblazer
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 09:17:19 AM »
why use ISR rules ? the wording leaves out guys that have different brands of sleds to race  including a list of them are ready to go. If you go back to what ISR had for superstock was to what it is now it's another mod class with a stock exhaust can, now their trying to tighten the belt, if you read this yrs rules they are allowing MSD ignitions in superstock well that's crap, if ISR wants to keep the sled stock looking then they should really work first on the other areas that most count.

FYI, you could run MSD ignition last year at ER too.

So the SS rules leaves out sleds for ER, but the old WL or Sleds rules don't? confused.  

The old famous Wolf Lake Rules:
85 and older standard production leaf spring models except, limited-build & factory high-performance ‘Super Stock’ sleds with muffled exhaust (’76 & ’77 - SRX, SNO-TWISTER, Z, BLIZZARD, SUPER SONIC) must jump one class.

ISR rules:
Any stock qualified LEAF SPRING MODEL 1985 or older is eligible.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 10:14:10 AM »
why use ISR rules ? the wording leaves out guys that have different brands of sleds to race  including a list of them are ready to go. If you go back to what ISR had for superstock was to what it is now it's another mod class with a stock exhaust can, now their trying to tighten the belt, if you read this yrs rules they are allowing MSD ignitions in superstock well that's crap, if ISR wants to keep the sled stock looking then they should really work first on the other areas that most count.

FYI, you could run MSD ignition last year at ER too.

So the SS rules leaves out sleds for ER, but the old WL or Sleds rules don't? confused.  

The old famous Wolf Lake Rules:
85 and older standard production leaf spring models except, limited-build & factory high-performance ‘Super Stock’ sleds with muffled exhaust (’76 & ’77 - SRX, SNO-TWISTER, Z, BLIZZARD, SUPER SONIC) must jump one class.

ISR rules:
Any stock qualified LEAF SPRING MODEL 1985 or older is eligible.
word.

Really the only difference between ISR and WL rules are the seat/tank thing and this hot stocker stuff. I think if we got rid of the hot stocker ruleeverything would be fine.

I also felel the "prostock single" class should be eliminated. There should be a SS Single and a SM single and be done with it.
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline sprocket

• Garage Guru
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 10:55:57 AM »
Last year in ISR you had to run stock ignitions in a superstock race sled & now this yr you can run a MSD. If ISR is so worried about keeping the sled to look stock, then MSD should not be able to run because now you are putting mod rules in a superstock. You can't say you can't find ignitions for these sleds, they are all over the place. If my Johnson still runs on a 40yr old ignition with no problems why do you need MSD ?. Why keep spending more money for a low budget class if you want mod then race a mod class otherwise keep the costs down.
As for the (76' & 77"- SRX, SNO-TWISTER, Z, BLIZZARD, SUPER SONIC ) all these sleds came with twin pipes & more hp then your standard model of sled that's why they need to jump up a class.
Start comparing apples to apples not apples to oranges
"Just think you can tell all your friends....you beat my Johnson!"