Author Topic: BRRP Rules  (Read 9370 times)

Offline sprocket

• Garage Guru
Re: BRRP Rules
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 11:16:46 AM »

How do you guys feel about the "hot stocker" super stock rules? The reason we made the idea of going with ISR rules is there are not that many differences except for the super stock stuff. BRRP will do what the majority of the racers want. No one was speaking up until we said ISR. So lets hash it out.

Super Stock=Bread & Butter (operating expenses) I think you should open your arms wide for everyone that parked a legal sled last March, you're going to need them.

thank you  2utp
"Just think you can tell all your friends....you beat my Johnson!"

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 11:18:42 AM »
MSD ignitions were legal in ISR in 09-10

Hot stockers were legal. Exciters and Tx's still won

There really was only one SuperStock Sled that I remember seeing in the top 3 with an MSD ignition...
If you can compete in SM with stock ignition you can in SS too.
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline PB_Racing_51x

• Rookie
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »
hhmmmm........ U%m

It really can't be that hard to use WL/Sleds rules and just add in the things that ER allowes is it?  And forget the things that ER bans. Examples: seats and tanks, ect. 

Everybody complains SOOOO much about seats and tanks.  Do they make the differnce between winning and losing???  WHO CARES what seat and tank you have on it unless your wanting to race at ER. 

Lets talk about something more interesting.  Like say how about rolling Chain cases in Super Stock  p99 

L*L

P.S  Challenger I can't wait to holeshot you a few times this year and show u my tail light into turn one  d.r.i.n.k.

Offline challenger

• Rookie
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 10:41:15 PM »
PB 51x
you crack me up!!! yeehaw

jf

Offline IADOOER

• Noobie
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2010, 09:14:04 AM »
The tank issue & starting up a new venue seems to be stirring up arguments over an issue that really doesn't need to be. I would also say that the sleds that were parked legal last spring shouldn't meet up with a hassle to join up with you & race. ANY rules that do not deal with safety or an unfair advantages shouldn't create a hassle. From what I have seen & heard, if BRRP pulls off the schedule of multiple races & develops a herd of return, loyal racers, Eagle may need to alter their rules to attract those racers to come over & race legal. BRRP has an opportunity to create something really cool for many years to come, but you will need the drivers behind you to fill it up.
The seat thing, a guy can still have a similar contouring seat & still have a 3" min. thickness, light weight seat & look cool. I prefer the look of the little "race" tanks, you still have the stock hoods & bellypans to tell they are definetly vintage. Let M' Race & don't create headaches you don't need, too much other stuff to worry about getting a new track going.

Just here to supply Randy with parts

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 11:33:51 PM »
Armand has updated his site with the latest rules and classes with only ONE typo! The ProStock 440 should read: Ski's, Handlebars, Clutches - Any

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »
First post updated and it is has typos. I only changed a couple fasten=fastened ingine=engine silly armand
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline HICKSON HAULER

• Bushwacker
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2010, 09:53:47 PM »
.Just keep them to yourself. The rest of us can figure out what was posted.
Hauler  #24 c$%

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2010, 11:36:48 PM »
As it stands there are some outstanding clarifications for the Sportsman class that I didn't catch when Armand and I spoke this weekend, MY BAD.

Here's the deal on the front suspension. Standard width for the year, make and model. The class isn't for expensive front suspension components. So run what came from the factory for your chosen rig.

Next are the clutches. Any OEM clutch that was manufractured on or before '98 is LEGAL. Again, keeping the cost down the higher cost after markets are OUT. I'll get this this handled on the rules too.

Sway bar mount/trailing arm rule....jury still out. Hang tight for you that have a NON-ADJUSTABLE sway bar. We, SLEDS/BRRP/ORA, will get this cleared up and let you know.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 08:03:08 AM »
As it stands there are some outstanding clarifications for the Sportsman class that I didn't catch when Armand and I spoke this weekend, MY BAD.

Here's the deal on the front suspension. Standard width for the year, make and model. The class isn't for expensive front suspension components. So run what came from the factory for your chosen rig.

Next are the clutches. Any OEM clutch that was manufractured on or before '98 is LEGAL. Again, keeping the cost down the higher cost after markets are OUT. I'll get this this handled on the rules too.

Sway bar mount/trailing arm rule....jury still out. Hang tight for you that have a NON-ADJUSTABLE sway bar. We, SLEDS/BRRP/ORA, will get this cleared up and let you know.
define adjustable because 1996 and 1997 (I know for sure, but maybe more) Arctic Cats had adjustable tie rod ends on the end of the sway bar... Just sayin...