Author Topic: BRRP Rules  (Read 9372 times)

Offline curt_52x

• Trailblazer
Re: BRRP Rules
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010, 09:08:51 PM »
I believe the SLEDS/ORA Super Stocks are CAPABLE of running in ISR via the Mod class. Not 100% sure I have yet to bow and offer sacrifice to the ISR gods.  L*L

So is the rumor true?  That a certain someone is going to get paid for the races at BRRP because they are using his/her set of rules?  and more if he/she shows up?   doh 

I dont trust my trusty resources though.   pu...nish

Offline PB_Racing_51x

• Rookie
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2010, 09:14:51 PM »
I'm talking about ISR sleds racing at BRRP.  Our SS's this year are being built to ISR rules.  which if you read though ISR, and then read your rules.  An ISR sled will NOT be legal to race at SLEDS/BRRP.....  If you compare ISR and SLEDS/BRRP rules, you’ll see that ISR allows things that SLEDS/BRRP does not allow. 

You’re making the ISR built guys bow down to SLEDS/BRRP in my opinion... Or do they just race ILLEGAL till they're caught ???

I guess I am or was really looking forward to racing at BRRP.  BUT I or my team has never Cheated in the last 7 years of racing, and I don't plan to start now just for a new track/league.....

Offline curt_52x

• Trailblazer
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »
Or do they just race ILLEGAL till they're caught ???

Catch me!!    bakout

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2010, 11:53:53 PM »
I'm talking about ISR sleds racing at BRRP.  Our SS's this year are being built to ISR rules.  which if you read though ISR, and then read your rules.  An ISR sled will NOT be legal to race at SLEDS/BRRP.....  If you compare ISR and SLEDS/BRRP rules, you’ll see that ISR allows things that SLEDS/BRRP does not allow. 

You’re making the ISR built guys bow down to SLEDS/BRRP in my opinion... Or do they just race ILLEGAL till they're caught ???

I guess I am or was really looking forward to racing at BRRP.  BUT I or my team has never Cheated in the last 7 years of racing, and I don't plan to start now just for a new track/league.....

Which rule is the issue?
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2010, 12:41:29 AM »
Thing is BRRP is using and sanctioned through SLEDS. BRRP will be using SLEDS rules at each race. Now Wolf Lake and SLEDS are/were, to my knowledge, 100% the same. So where's the issue with rule compliance? You ran WL and ORA last year, right?

SLEDS '10-'11 rules have been posted and the only change is the ousting of Anderson Ski's. Yes the "Hot Stocker" is still in place. If you where able to run last year why can't you run this year?

As purely an observer, if the MN masses have sleds built to SLEDS/ORA rules how would it be a good idea for BRRP to appeal to the few that are strictly ISR shaking up the majority to satisfy the few? My intention isn't to speak for SLEDS but has everyone lost track the almighty ORA runs the same set of rules? Is there any energy being spent on getting them to change to the devine ISR rules that are SOOOO needed?

Offline PB_Racing_51x

• Rookie
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2010, 02:00:02 AM »
Which rule is the issue?

I was going to have Curt post the rules that are less restrictive in the ISR book.  (I'm at work and don't have a copy at my finger tips)  But the more I think about it, all that's doing is telling the world what our plans are to go faster.  And what racer do you know that tells everyone his/her plan to go faster.  I'm kinda thinking that if no one can see the differences in the rules on paper..... how would anyone ever catch them in tech.  Armand always says that if a sled is legal to race at ER, then it won't be turned down to run that class by SLEDS. (except for "Hot Stocker's" which i know are not allowed to run the same class at SLEDS.)
so i'll stop  dead horse and just be content with what Armand has said in the past.   Sorry for making a fuss.   Keep up the good work and can't wait to race at BRRP 2utp

Gary 51X

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2010, 07:54:23 AM »
Which rule is the issue?

I was going to have Curt post the rules that are less restrictive in the ISR book.  (I'm at work and don't have a copy at my finger tips)  But the more I think about it, all that's doing is telling the world what our plans are to go faster.  And what racer do you know that tells everyone his/her plan to go faster.  I'm kinda thinking that if no one can see the differences in the rules on paper..... how would anyone ever catch them in tech.  Armand always says that if a sled is legal to race at ER, then it won't be turned down to run that class by SLEDS. (except for "Hot Stocker's" which i know are not allowed to run the same class at SLEDS.)
so i'll stop  dead horse and just be content with what Armand has said in the past.   Sorry for making a fuss.   Keep up the good work and can't wait to race at BRRP 2utp

Gary 51X

We will talk about it on the BMX track Sunday. I think I know what you are looking at now...

PS bring your A game Sunday.
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.