Author Topic: Sportsman 600  (Read 3779 times)

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
Sportsman 600
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:28:03 AM »
These are the tentative rules for Sportsman 600. Does anyone have any issues with these rules? Speak now or forever hold your peace (or until next summer)

SPORTSMAN 600 RULES - 98 AND OLDER STANDARD PRODUCTION MODELS, (including Formula 340s) No (Limited-Production) high performancd sleds.

ENGINE- Engine brand must match chassis brand. For availability Polaris may use later 600cc piston port triple mono-block engine. For competitive reasons Arctic Cat may use later 580cc engine. No external modifications. May bore .040" over stock bore.

CHASSIS - No modificatios (except) Yamaha cross members may be modified to meet the 40" rule,Polaris and Cats may be modified to accept later-allowed exhaust  and engine. Windshield and headlight, may be altered or removed, reinforcing allowed, dash and unneccessry brackets may be removed.
Stock OEM hood and belly pan.

IGNITION - Stock OEM for the engine.

EXHAUST - Any pipe

CARBURETOR - OEM for engine, original size. Airbox may be removed.

CLUTCHES - Any OEM primary. OEM for the brand secondary. No roller secondary.

CHAINCASE - OEM for the model.

FRONT SUSPENSION - 40" maximum width between carbide centers.Srings, shocks, sway bars and link, radius rods and tie rods may be changed but must be fastened to stock location on bulkhead / tunnel. OEM for the model trailing arms, which may be modified to accept shocks,sway bar link and rear perch. 2.5" min. travel.

REAR SUSPENSION - OEM for the model components only, (except) any springs shocks, and limiters. Compoonents may be moved, removed, relocated & modified.

TRACK - OEM or OEM replacement (width and length) rubber track in good condition. No racing (R) tracks.

DRIVESHAFT, JACKSHAFT - Steel OEM for the model.

SKIS, STEERING, SEAT, FUEL TANK - Any.
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
Re: Sportsman 600
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »
I haven't checked, are these word for word from SLEDSRACING.com?

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 07:52:30 PM »
yup except I fixed a couple typos and the 96 and older to 98
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline XCR_NUTS

• Hardcore Sledder
    • Vikingredbarons`s Home Page
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »

You found and fixed a couple typos?

Your Mom help you with that?

O0

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »

You found and fixed a couple typos?

Your Mom help you with that?

O0
Yeah I know there are more... I just fixed the obvious one and then thought id come back to fix the rest later... Then I said a F it. Then people will say we changed the SLEDS rules. So there

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 11:33:39 PM »
As it stands this class will be a premier featured class at BRRP. We want to see that older iron on the track. This is a VERY easy class to build for and with out the need for a motor builder, machining tools, and a mountain of cash.

The rules have no reason for change. We are working to clarify a couple things but use what you see on the sledsracing.com with the exception of the year '98 rules change.

Thanks,

Randy

Offline crwdog

• Bushwacker
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 09:57:21 AM »
I would like to see some research done on the ski stance issue.  Yes I understand these are the SLEDS rules, but I am pretty sure the '98 yamaha srx's have a ski stance of 41 inches. 
I would hate to be sent home........
If you ride YAMAHA raise your hand....  If not, raise your standards
Parachutes in the Summer....Snowmobiles in the Winter

Offline curt_52x

• Trailblazer
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 10:17:20 AM »
I would like to see some research done on the ski stance issue.  Yes I understand these are the SLEDS rules, but I am pretty sure the '98 yamaha srx's have a ski stance of 41 inches. 

Sometimes an extra inch really helps.  yeehaw

Offline XCR_NUTS

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 10:18:43 AM »

I am kinda waiting to see what they say about the 1995 XCR 600, as they also have a 41 inch ski stance from the factory. They are listed in the specs as having 41 inch as well.

O0

Offline XCR_NUTS

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 10:19:36 AM »

Sometimes an extra inch really helps.  yeehaw

You got that right !!!

O0