Author Topic: Sportsman 600  (Read 3777 times)

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
Re: Sportsman 600
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 11:35:55 PM »
Thank you to those who have brought the stance stat's to the front. I'll be talking to ORA and SLEDS directors tomorrow, promptly in the morning. BRRP will get this clarified immediately.

Offline jrhd340f

• Trailblazer
  • all around jerk
    • T&G Racing
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 10:18:49 PM »
With the change to 98 model year, there is no reason to state that Polaris and arctic may use newer engines
YAMAHA:My #1 choice in pianos.

Offline jrhd340f

• Trailblazer
  • all around jerk
    • T&G Racing
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 10:31:36 AM »
I did some digging last night on ski stance issues and here is what I came up with: the old wolf lake rules stated that a 40 in center to center was the max. For pre 92 sleds that is not an issue. Once we start going to a 98 model year. Ski stances went to 41 and then in 96 on the XLT SP they bumped it out to 42.5. The XCRs have Hung at 41 forever. So some clarification is needed with this class.

Offline natew

• Rookie
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 02:55:26 PM »
 Rule reads 40" between carbide centers      [ not  max width].  I suspect the sleds in question are listed as max width, remember carbide normally at the center of ski-width .   anyone have a sled and tapemeasure  to verify?  darn yamahas will probably prove me wrong  uK#!**.   natew #113

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »
Rule reads 40" between carbide centers      [ not  max width].  I suspect the sleds in question are listed as max width, remember carbide normally at the center of ski-width .   anyone have a sled and tapemeasure  to verify?  darn yamahas will probably prove me wrong  uK#!**.   natew #113
Ski stance is measureed at the carbides by OEM's
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline jrhd340f

• Trailblazer
  • all around jerk
    • T&G Racing
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 04:23:45 PM »
I took those numbers from ski stance specs.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »
I took those numbers from ski stance specs.

Yes and they measure them just like anyone else at the center of the ski/carbide
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
Speaking as a racer and NOT a BRRP rep, the Sportman 600 class rules are all to vague and don't make 100% sense. When the '98 rules were made I would guess that stance research was minimal OR the 40" rules was over-looked. So I'm in favor of clarification NOT change:

Something on the order of: stance must be that of Stock OEM for model and/or year.

If not then a stock '98 Polaris with a +40" stance is legal or illegal? (measuring carbide to carbide)

Offline crwdog

• Bushwacker
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 08:49:57 AM »
Speaking as a racer and NOT a BRRP rep, the Sportman 600 class rules are all to vague and don't make 100% sense. When the '98 rules were made I would guess that stance research was minimal OR the 40" rules was overlooked. So I'm in favor of clarification NOT change:

Something on the order of: stance must be that of Stock OEM for model and/or year.

If not then a stock '98 Polaris with a +40" stance is legal or illegal? (measuring carbide to carbide)

Speaking as a Quality Control Manager - (and a part time pond racer)  your suggestions are to vague and can't easily be validated.  "OEM stance for the model and year" would only work if your tech guy has the documents for all sleds up to '98 to back up that rule. 

We need rules that can be and will be used/checked.  Maybe we all can help out by doing some research on our  favorite colors and find out what the widest width was through '98.  Then write the rule to state the maximum of of what ever the widest sled was........
What does ORA due?
If you ride YAMAHA raise your hand....  If not, raise your standards
Parachutes in the Summer....Snowmobiles in the Winter

Offline HICKSON HAULER

• Bushwacker
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 09:24:58 AM »
What about offset/ that needs to be looked at, do we allow 1" like the F-340 class or keep it stock lookin stock. I am in favor of that.
Greg Hickson Hauler #24