Author Topic: BRRP format  (Read 2381 times)

Offline fasteddie99

• Rookie
BRRP format
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:04:30 PM »
Is brrp going to be a one fee or a per class entry??  Trophy only or trophy round/pay back round??  How much $$$ per week??

Ed Lehrke #99

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
Re: BRRP format
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 12:43:32 AM »
At this point it will be a weekly trophy round with occasional money purses. Stud Boy has helped us with $500 in purse prizes and earlier today a group from Detroit Lakes expressed interest in putting up cash also. A dealer in Fargo has also talked of purse prizes to be annouced. At the end of the year we will have class trophy winners as well as the Hooters Cup for King of the Track.

As far as weekly fee's, day races = $30/$10 and night $40/$15.

Offline fasteddie99

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:10:51 AM »
I'm not too worried about $$$ payback... Granted it's nice, but I like to see a lower weekly price like this to keep me coming back!!   I assume this is for as many classes your sled(s) fit in?

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »
I'm not too worried about $$$ payback... Granted it's nice, but I like to see a lower weekly price like this to keep me coming back!!   I assume this is for as many classes your sled(s) fit in?

Yup!
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 12:01:46 PM »
Here's an example....

SS 340 TXL:

Classes chosen to run in:

1.) SS340 = $30
2.) SM340 = $10
3.) SS440 = $10

Total         = $50

Now before anyone gets to bent ouotta shape, Wolf Lake woulda cost you $31 and there would have been 1"x2" brass plaques and it was a lake race. BRRP will be awarding full size trophy's for each full class and has a full safety staff, scoring staff, banked oval, heated concessions, heated bar, heated bathrooms grandstands and for the big spenders heated suites. I too know the costs involved and would like it to be less but BRRP doesn't operate like a naturally occurring track (ie...Wolf Lake and Strathcona). BRRP is more like a Rock Rapids, Sauk Center, Raceway Park or Ogilvie.

Offline HICKSON HAULER

• Bushwacker
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 10:11:29 PM »
Strathcona is man made. It is on the edge of town. They had trouble with the ice last year thats why there was only one race last year.
Greg  Hauler  #24

Offline rotaxracer33

• Garage Guru
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 10:43:53 PM »
Well kinda...I think Armand likes Mother nature to carry the heavy load and that's why there was only one race last year cuz she wasnt' carrying her load. Now this year the track looks like it's about race ready all on its own. If the track doesn't need water Armand would really love that, as I understand.

Offline lynxer

• Hardcore Sledder
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 11:15:20 PM »
Strathcona is man made. It is on the edge of town. They had trouble with the ice last year thats why there was only one race last year.
Greg  Hauler  #24

Well it all depends on how you word that...

That ice is already there...

No water on the track to freeze here...

It costs money to lay down that ice, put up and protect hay bales, plows, heated concessions, etc... The cost is substantially more to build this track, but it will be a much better facility for racing in the end.

Hey Hauler! Just think of the gas money you will save driving 1/8th of the distance!

ORA and BRRP costs will be about the same.
If you want to talk about high entries go out to Eagle  2utp
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Offline fasteddie99

• Rookie
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 05:59:00 AM »
Might have to make a Turkey day lap with Nate!!

Offline macker

• Noobie
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 08:17:04 AM »
 b^m Racing is great, the people are great, but lets not compare organizations.  The hours that some of these people put into putting on a race is far more than one might think, I myself  always go out of my way to thank them!!! Then they also have to listen to racers wine about classes and rules, rules = sled, not sled=rules!! Every one has ideas of the perfect race and classes, but only one person has the power, the one in charge.
Cost of racing is going up , what isn't. Trophies  (dust collectors)dont need them, cash is best!!  If I go to a race and don't like the format, classes, track etc. I don't go back, don't expect them to change for me. Not sure if I have ever done this, it is what it is.
Not trying to make trouble, Armondo,Scott,Mike M. Rola,Vols, and others have put in countless hours of there time to help bring vintage racing to what it has come to today. THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!